February 16, 2008

Full extension!

I woke up on Thursday morning to find that I had full extension of my left hand fingers!  In my world that's huge!!  It figures that the one night I don't wear my wrist brace I end up with that kind of result, right?  
The current challenge remains to be the surgical site, which refuses to heal.  The plastic surgeon was not happy with what he found when we saw him on Thursday and in fact has scheduled me for an additional surgery on the 23rd to do more repairs to the site.  He did a culture of the site for analysis and that will dictate our course from here.  The problem is that if there is still infection inside my head it will need to find a way out, which makes it impossible to completely close the wound.  That's probably more information than you needed or wanted, but that is the status currently.  I've had a number of people ask when I will resume my chemo; at this point we are so far away from that due to the surgeries that I have no idea. 

That  brings us to today; the fingers are moving, I'm sleeping very well, I'm regular (again, too much information, right?)  Hopefully this week will bring good news on the incision condition and I won't have to go under the knife again - keep those fingers crossed and those prayers coming!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Tom! I knew you would get more movement in that hand! Keep up the good work and never give up (as I know you won't). Gear up that hand, because you have a lot of cheering to do for the Tour of California!!