February 9, 2008

I'm going to start calling my surgeon FIAT

Fix It Again Tom. I've been back in the hospital for the past week while they closed the surgical  wound on the top of my head and put me on stronger antibiotics for the infection in my brain and on the wound itself. Without going into the gory details, they opened my scar up and used the existing skin to jigsaw puzzle the area together; Boris Karloff has nothing on me.  Sorry, again, for the uncomfortable silence on the blog, but that's the way it goes sometimes, you know?  There was no time to post anything prior to admission to the hospital.
I'm recovering at home now with outpatient physical therapy beginning today from Visiting N urses and will hopefully be back in rehab within a week or so.  My arm is still virtually useless for now, but my leg is coming along nicely.   I'm very glad to be home.  I'll try to update the blog on a more consistent basis, but can't promise anything.

The big news is that AMGEN, sponsors of the Tour of California, have asked me to represent the local cancer community at the start of the Santa Barbara stage on February 23, 2008 at 11:00.  I'm honored to do so and will try not to trip on my way up or down the stairs!  The time trials are the day before in Solvang, so it should be a fun couple of days.

Time for my nap, so I'll check in soon and as always, I appreciate your concern and love.

No comments: