February 12, 2008

It's alive!

My left index and middle finger moved today!  A lady cut us off in traffic and as if by magic my left middle finger shot right up . . .   
No, really, though, it's kind of a big deal in that I have not had any movement at all up to now.  It lets me now that I'm on the right track and that the rehab work I'm doing is paying off.  Anne and I have been going to our community pool the past few days and doing some exercises, sitting in the jacuzzi, and enjoying the sunshine and each other.  Sometimes we forget how funny we are with each other, so this has been a good opportunity to get re-acquainted for us.

In home rehab is scheduled to start this Saturday, so that will be good in addition to what Anne and I are doing.  All in all things are moving in the right direction and I'm reasonably pleased with the progress I'm making . . . I say, "Reasonably," because it will never be fast enough for me.

1 comment:

Niel said...

Tom - I often think of you and send thoughts of you peddeling up the San Marcos Pass, passing the cars! If you would like a phone call at home or even some company, let me know.