June 25, 2008

another big day 6-22 Sunday

Anytime I can watch my daughters dance, it's a big day; but this year's recital, last weekend was especially nice as it was dedicated to our family, so needless to say I will always remember it as my favorite.  The girls, all of them, not just mine, did a great job.   Next day went in for Avastin/CPT-11 cocktail due to tumor growth recently so far with no side effects other than positive ones (increased strength, balance) no nausea to speak of at all - knock on wood.   I'm glad the temps in this area have cooled off, because that was no fun waking up for those few nights sweating my fool head off, on top of the fact that my own thermostat needs a reset.I'll be turning 46 this coming Sunday, so I'm looking forward to that and keep 'em coming, I say.  More events, benefits coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family Tom. I'm Susi, Andi's neighbor. I've met you and your family at "Sylvia's" beach at a few functions last year. I check in on you every once in a while, and Andi keeps me updated when we get to see each other (I got married last year and so our "chats" have dwindled a bit). I just wanted to say hi and just know yet another person prays for you and your family. My bio-mom in AZ is a brain cancer survivor as well at age 62. She was diagnosed last year a few months before my wedding (which she was able to attend!). She was in stage 3 when diagnosed after what she thought were strokes. She is doing very well currently. At home after a few months in the hospital due to a "continuous seizure" that I can't remember the proper name for, so she was in therapy, etc. I agreed with your thoughts on Kennedy's tumor - that this will perhaps draw more attention to the cancers of the "little people" :o)