June 16, 2008

QUITE A DAY!

WOW; great  Father's Day yesterday!  We started the day off with 450 of our  friends at the Carpinteria woman's club for a benefit breakfast for my family and me -  good times, great people - very exhausting by the end, but I can't think of a better way to be worn out, right?  I know that a god time was had by all and nobody left hungry, that's for sure.  I'd like to thank all who organized end volunteered for the event.There was a detailed listing of volunteers on a tent card art each table, on the reverse side I wrote the following:

“Our lives are not determined by what happens to us,
 but how we react to what happens;
 not by what life brings to us,
 but by the attitude we bring to life. 
 A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes.
  It is a catalyst…a spark that creates extraordinary results.”
 
~Anonymous

On behalf of my family, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the community of Carpinteria and all of our extended family members within it for their  assistance, love and support in our cancer challenge. I hope that this will be the first of many annual Father's Day breakfasts to support families facing similar challenges until they are no longer needed.We feel so blessed to have the strong support of our friends/volunteers who worked on today's event;  I pledge to keep fighting and look forward to helping organize next year's breakfast, as well.If a man's wealth was measured in the depth of the friendships he earns in his lifetime, I would be a millionaire, and so I feel like one today. Thank you and God bless you for your help and caring.

HAPPY BELATED FATHER'S DAY, Ian, John, Brian, Jack and Randy, and to any Others I missed yesterday either locally or ocross many miles; we're a lucky bunch, aren't we?!I  Pics to follow.  


No comments: