June 27, 2008

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY COMING!

OnJune 29th , 1962, Mrs. Whittaker brought forth a ten pound baby boy; so my dad made a sign for the front yard which read, "It's a boy, 10 pounds - WOW!"   My mom slapped the doctor  and I peed on him for good measure , no pun intended. It was a tough room. In the ensuing 46 years I have been blessed with a caring mom and dad, a brother who, though we,ve had our rough times, I have always admired and with whom I now have the absolute ideal relationship, and a sister who made it through the" plain and dry" burger days and a lousy, but fruitful with offspring marriage  only to meet her Prince for the second act in her life.I was also lucky enough to meet Anne 20+ years ago who has changed and enhanced my life not only by giving me my two beautiful daughters, Caitlyn and Kelsey, but who makes me a better person when she's beside me.I know she wasn't planning on literally "In sickness and in health," to go to this extreme; but in sickness I could  wish for no more caring person wife and  I look forward to the "in health" clause to kick back in at some point soon. I was reflecting on my life the other day and decided that I have lead and been blessed with a great one with very few regrets and thats a good feeling to say the least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tom!

I will be thinking about you at the Livestrong Challenge in two weeks!

Take care,
Rod Holland