April 10, 2008

Don't pick that, daddy!

That's about all I hear around my house these days; well, that or, "Hey, put a hat on, man, I'm trying to eat, ya know?"  Although Anne says it differently, "Don't pick that, you idiot!"  Where's the love?
So we go to see the plastic surgeon today ; and what's the first thing he does?  Picks the damned thing!  I mean goes to town on it, until it's totally clean;  I looked at Anne and demanded, "How come you don't yell at him?"
"Oh, be quiet, you idiot."  Wow, tough room.

Our surgeon, who knows us now and knows that we joke around just shook his head and laughed as he figured out what was going on.   I explained to the doc that lately, all of Anne's sentences are ending in,"You idiot, and sometimes, "You, idiot!"  the doc is single, although he does have a girlfriend/fiancee, whatever.  Last time we were in his office before Hawaii,  he asked us how long we'd been married, "19 years," I said, "15 of the best years of my life."  to which he just smiled and shook his head as though he was thinking, "You poor bastard, you really are an idiot, aren't you?" I've learned the look, I get it a lot these days. 

Anne said,  "I've heard that line so many times it doesn't even phase me (wait for it) you idiot."

No comments: