April 5, 2008

Well, we're back!  We had a great time, great flights, great rooms, etc.  I love Hawaii, period.
I wouldn't want to live there again, but it's terrific to visit.  
The flight over on Hawaiian Airlines was on time and very comfortable, as was the flight back.  
I was very happy that we got rooms on the next higher floor than last Summer, so we had the same view, if not better - more pics of that to come.  The girls had a great time at the beach every day; the water was great and air temps were right around 80 each day, then down to 65 each night, so very comfortable.  Less shopping an very few day trips because we didn't rent a car for this trip, but the girls were satisfied to stay at the hotel beach and do their shopping on foot.

As hoped, we had a delicious dinner at my brother and sister-in-laws's house on Sunday evening and they bought dinner for Anne and me at a restaurant called Ocean in the Outrigger Reef hotel, great food, beautiful sunset from the lanai dining area - no pretense and very comfortable - highly recommended.  It was great to see both of them and my nephew, too.

One of two regrets is no water play for me on this trip.  I thought it best to not push my luck by wading into the surf this time, so I didn't go in at all - very tough pill to take, but better safe than sorry, I guess.  We're going in to see the plastic surgeon to figure out how to close the surgical wound once and for all, I hope; that is what kept me out of the water, after all.

The other is I'm thinking it was probably too soon for me to go for a number of reasons, chief among those is the fact that the girls were very concerned about me whenever we went anywhere.  I don't think they could relax like I wanted them to be able to.  I think they had fun, so I know it was worth it for them.  We're not going anywhere else until things resolve themselves medically for me and I am at least physically more able.

All in all it was a well earned trip that went off like clockwork.  Aloha.



No comments: