April 30, 2008

No more bad days.....

I've decided that will have no more bad days.  Not that I've had any lately necessarily, but from now on they will range from good to great, period.  A good day may mean I 'm not feeling quite as good as the day before, but it will still be a good  day as long as I can wake up to it, stay upright and reasonably coherent into the late evening and go to sleep in my own bed that night.  Now if this sounds a little to simplistic or sappy, too bad.  It is all in the attitude one brings to the day.  It follows the old saying, "Any day above ground is a good day."   I'm not the first one to adopt this attitude, by any means, but I think it's important to either say it out loud or write it down to have it take on a life of its own and become who I am, to live it, as such.
On the medical news front; my still open 2007 surgical wound is acting up a bit and we're currently addressing that without going into detail.  I began my new chemo last week, as previously reported and have had few or no side effects from same.  I'm eating like a horse, sleeping like a baby, except when I wake up at 3:00 am like this morning, which I may pay for later today when I run out of gas; but that's ok.    Nothing from my surgeon at UCSF  yet - still at their conference. to return early next week. As far as I'm concerned I'd like to get the scar closed up and then treat the tumor with chemo, avoiding the long term side effects of another big surgery, but I'm keeping an open mind and will consider all options presented on a benefit vs. risk basis and go from there  

All I know is that Anne and  both agreed that yesterday was my best day yet because I got out in the garden to pick weeds and water; nothing like fresh air and sunshine to make it a great day.

No comments: