May 8, 2008

And I was feeling so energized after the oxygen treatment yesterday........!

I felt so exceptionally energized after the HBO treatment that I couldn't wait to get on the spinning bike in the living room, so I climbed on  and promptly fell off with a huge thud, I was okay, and yelled out that fact to Kelsey(14), who was home alone with me.  She came tentatively down the hall as I again reassured her that I was okay.  I'm so proud of her strength because she had expressed to Anne some fear about this scenario a while back and showed no hesitation when push came to shove.  She was very sweet and calm, asking me if I wanted help sitting up, as I laid flat to catch my breath. she knelt down and took my hand in hers, placing her other hand behind my back,assisting me up into a sitting position and confirming my safety, reassuring herself in the process.  I'm so very proud of her for overcoming her fears and giving me the support both physically and emotionally to not worry about her strength, which I never had reason to doubt to begin with, but I feel much better and reassured today after her trial by fire, as such; she showed her true colors and strength and I told her so after, as did Anne.  That's my strong girl!

No comments: