May 14, 2008

Next steps begin tomorrow

I told Anne that I felt like a dime store hooker yesterday because I spent so much time on my back - (a comment she found no humor in)  first with HBO treatments and then I had an MRI scan which  revealed about 1-cm. of growth over the last month, so it grew through the last chemo drug again. Therefore I am beginning "new" treatment tomorrow using CPT11(Irinotecan) one that we used in conjunction with Avastin a while back.  I can't use Avastin right now because we need to get the wound healed and it would be counter to that effort in this situation.  

We also heard back from UCSF  this week and they are recommending staying the course with chemo, HBO and no indication of surgery necessary at this time - good news!  HBO treatments are going very well and they are seeing definite signs of healing - more good news!  I've fallen as few times over the past week, the well-documented bike incident and then again yesterday in front of the restaurant we had lunch at.  I just simply lost my balance; after catching my toe on the step I did a spin and drop, skinning my knee and elbow on the pavement, the only real casualty was my pride, though.  Yes, I'll be more careful - thanks.

No comments: