May 4, 2008

Great day yesterday

I woke up very early and got on-line to catch up on emails and do a little work in the quiet hours of morning. Business remains strong, but it's all about keeping fresh leads in the pipeline, which is difficult without driving to press some flesh.
then got going looking for a spinning bike for the house as I'm tired of wrestling with the indoor trainer in order to drop the gut which has developed over the last couple of months of virtual inactivity on my part, I've certainly seen a unwelcome change in my body shape and weight distribution , and I realize that is part of the whole thing, but I'm not satisfied and will commit to at least thirty minutes each day on this unit, although ten minutes damned near killed me at rehab the other day! Here is the unit I'm looking at locally from Craigslist.org

01030201160801041020080422f9d7e2510f4a92bfc000bd20.jpg

The next time you see this unit it will have a fat cyclist on it watching the bike races on the Cyclism Sundays show on the Vs. Network and imagining himself in the chasing Peloton and sucking air and gobbling Sport Beans from Jelly Belly for electrolite replacement.


I'm very excited about this purchase and what it will do for my overall health if I'm disciplined with daily training.


Back to yesterday: I got out of the house in the afternoon and had great time with two buddies of mine, Alan and Rick, going to see Ironman at our local theater in Carpinteria - highly recommend it for a fun watch, great movie. after that we went to see an old friend of mine, Jessica Pintard, at her new restaurant, Cork Tree on Linden Avenue. It was nice to see her and her place looks great, a real upgrade over the previous Coffee house that was there, Cork tree is a restaurant/wine bar and they put a lot of work into the remodel/redesign the place was packed, too, which is always good to see. Jessica is the widow of Eric Pintard, a local hero and cancer warrior who was the first one to reach out to me with a positive cancer survival message. It took a while before I was ready to listen but once I did I became his biggest fan, after Jess. Jessica set the bar high as a warrior, as well, staying by his side and supporting Eric until the end. She is bright light always ready with a smile and hug andI feel blessed to have her in my life. Anne and I have not made time to go in for dinner yet, but we will soon, perhaps this week.


One of the reasons that we have not gone into her place or many other public places is due to my own lingering public discomfort. I still get overwhelmed/confused pretty easily and worry about that being perceived by whomever I'm talking to, I don't like to have or show any weakness or confusion. but that's how it is for now and I need to deal with it. My friends realize that, so I don't know why I'm so self-conscious, other than for my own pride's sake. I'll get past it soon.


I'm, "looking forward, " to talking to UCSF this week and to getting on a treatment track that everyone is on board with; will blog again when that happens . Make your week a good one.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to say I love you. Thinking about you all the time. And sending BIG HUGE HUGS to you and the girls.

Love,
Jessica Pintard