January 15, 2008

Long awaited update

Sorry for the silence, but I nearly died last weekend; so you'll forgive me, right? I know it sounds overly dramatic, but it's evidently the case as I'm told by my rock-strong wife. Friday morning, as previously blogged, I think, I had a fairly significant seizure that put me in bed for the rest of the day. I had an MRI later in the day which confirmed the infection and sent me to the hospital for emergency surgery, no choice in tht matter according to my doctor. Do or die and all of that. I'm not sure just what the formal name of the "bug" is, but I know it was not good nor was it easy to diagnose, evidently. Fortunately, one of the docs in my surgeon's group is a diagnostician (like Dr. House on tv sans the attitude) so I was in extremely capable hands, once again; somebody up there likes me or has unfulfilled plans for me or something. I appreciate their trust in my ability, I just wish they (He) didn't have so much confidence in me at times, to paraphrase Mother Teresa.

It looks like I'll be in rehab for about two weeks, which both Anne and I think is great. They'll get me physically strong enough to normal so that I can be confident about going home in good shape. It's extremely draining right now, but well worth the effort in the long run.

I'll try to keep up with both the blog and your comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom, you look GREAT and continue to be an inspiration to me and my family! We love you and look forward to seeing you up and at 'em... trying to keep up with Anne and your daughters! If Anne can challenge you by "allowing" you to get the bike you want when you're out... I'm going to challenge myself to getting ON one! Seeing your positive attitude towards what you have conquered makes me WANT to get off my --- and exercise! Don't forget... God has blessed you and definitely has a plan for you! Mahalo!