January 16, 2008

Too much tennis

It would stand to reason that in a place where I can sleep better than at home or in hospital I would take advantage of the opportunity and do so, right? But the Australian Open Tennis Tournament is on in the middle of the night! I doze in and out as Maria Sharapova dances across the court in a display of both skill and grace, while dismantling her opponents with ease; I'm just glad she's stopped calling finally.

So I'm sitting in my bed at RISB (Rehabilitation Institute of SB), blogging away and watching a replay of the match that will end up eliminating Roddick from the Open. I've finished my three hours of therapy for the day with the knowledge that the infection is being not only controlled, but eliminated by the meds. They're saying I'll be in here for another two weeks; so I will lose the whole month of January. I'm homesick. I just have to focus on how much stronger I'll be when I get out and be grateful that I'm here at all . . . not too tough to do under the circumstances.

I'm sorry if I gave you a scare in the multi-day "neglect" of this blog. Hopefully you had a connection to get updated before now. I understand that some of you talked to folks you had not made contact with in years and in doing so may have re-connected with an old friend. Don't let those connections break again. When it comes right down to it, they are the the things that make truly wealthy.

No comments: