March 10, 2008

Here we go again . . .

Well, Sunday 3-2-08 was indeed beautiful, Tuesday 3-4-08 not so much. I threw up first thing in the morning . . . truly a "Technicolor yawn," and four more times throughout the day, including once in the hospital; that's right, the hospital again. The fifth time was right as my surgeon walked into the ER room, to which he replied, "That's okay, I have that effect on a lot of people." To know how funny that is, you'd have to know this guy, but it certainly lightened the moment.

As it turns out, it was probably totally unrelated to the tumor or the infection, but better safe than sorry and I'm glad to know that my docs will err on the side of caution in situations such as this. They did four different scans on me; MRI, CT, and two different types of bone and infection scans. This time there is only good news because the only place that showed any kind of active infection was at the top of my skull where we already knew one existed. That area is looking better, as well, so it appears as though I have turned the corner! It's great to be able to pass along some good news for a change; I felt bad about only having bad news to report, which is probably why I haven't been as active on the blog as usual.


Our oldest daughter, Caitlyn, was in the National Cheer Competition at the Anaheim Convention Center over the weekend. I got out of the Hospital at 3:00 and we headed down to watch our Carpinteria Warrior cheerleaders and song team place 5th and 3rd nationally, respectively. That is 5th out of 25 in her cheer division and 3rd out of 16 in song after pre-qualifying in regional events. I'm very proud of her and, perhaps more importantly, she and her fellow teammates are proud of themselves; they worked very hard for this and it has paid off in pride points.


This week we have an appt. with our infectious disease doc and one with the plastic surgeon to check on the incision infection. I'm also going to start out-patient physical therapy at RISB; I've been getting therapy at home since I got out of the hospital in February, but I think that using the institute's facilities and available equipment will speed my recovery.


Not much longer until we're Hawaii-bound! "Aloha O'e," although the correct term may be, " Aloha, OY!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=collectorz.com comic collector pro 4.0.2 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg