March 12, 2008

Pop the champagne, mother!

So far this week has made up for a lot of bad news with good.
We met with our infectious disease doc yesterday and he feels that there is no infection present anywhere, period.  I just about kissed him, but Anne was there and she is insanely jealous, so I kept my kisses for her; after all, it was our 19th wedding anniversary.  As I say when she's around and we're asked about the length of our marriage, "15 of the best years of my life."  It loses something on paper; it's all in the delivery.

What this means, hopefully, is that my plastic surgeon can close the wound on the top of my head once and for all with a couple of weeks buffer before we go to Hawaii.  In the big picture, of course, it means that the infection that nearly beat me is now gone.  Good news . . . finally.

I saw my Ophthalmologist today regarding my right eye CSR condition (http://www.eyemdlink.com/Condition.asp?ConditionID=95) 
and he, too, pronounced me healed, I have been aware of improvements in my vision in the last few weeks and was very happy to get this news confirming what I believed was going on as far as healing is concerned.

My walking, balance and overall mobility are all improving, as well.  I have to work on my left arm and hand because the shoulder is still very painful; there's nothing like climbing out of a warm bed and icing it each morning.  But, hey, at least I'm getting up.

We're going to go for a hat trick (no pun intended) on Friday with the plastic surgeon and continue our good luck streak; wish us luck!

No comments: