November 24, 2007

Another good day

It's amazing what just one night's good sleep will do for your outlook.

I didn't wake up until 5:30, which is a record lately. The coffee was waiting me when I finally rose at 6:00, which is also a treat, and the sunrise was stunning to see, especially since I've usually been back in bed for my first nap by that time from waking so much earlier.

Good day strength-wise as well as emotionally yesterday, too. Anne commented that she thought I was standing taller and walking more confidently, which in turn makes me want to. The best thing I've done is to buy a pair of trekking poles with shocks and cane grips; they are much lighter and they don't make me feel like I'm walking with a "Cane" as such - it's those little mind games that can make the difference.

I've been having fun listening to the girls, my daughters and their cousin, Megan, laughing and being goofy while she is here. We love the fact that though they may only see each other on rare occassions, it's like they saw each other only the day before and the pick up right where they left off. I feel bad for her as I don't think she was ready to see Mr. Sta-Pufft, as I have previously described myself. She is very sweet about coming out to see how I'm doing when she is in the other room with the girls and she is just a bright spot in the holiday weekend, period. I'm hoping that she will come down as frequently as possible from college to visit us. Megan will go to my dad's house here in town tonight and then she'll fly back to school in the morning.

Today if it warms up a bit I'll go to our community pool for a work-out. Then tonight we'll probably rent a movie or have some kids over; nothing fancy, but it sure works for me.

No more bad days. At the end of this week I'll have another MRI to check the status of everything and go forward. No more bad days.

No comments: