November 29, 2007

I've got my dodging shoes on.....

If there was ever a good day to dodge a bullet , today is it. I have an MRI to see the status of the tumor, the cyst, the edema and whatever else is going on in my noggen.

When I began the radiation treatments, Dr. Blount at the Cancer Center of Santa Barbara said that the aim of the radiation (no pun intended) was to eliminate both/all of the tumor on both sides of my brain. Between that and the CEENU chemo, there should be no growth in the tumors, which would mean that we would only need to worry about the cyst and how to address it. If there is new growth in the tumor itself it is a more serious situation, which I must be mindful of, but I'm not going to go there unless we have to and I'll continue to stay focused on the positive . . . and say a prayer or two. I won't hear from UCSF until tomorrow or Monday, which will be the guiding recommendation that we will follow in the long run as far as a next step or new course.

Big news may be coming regarding my involvement in the Amgen Tour of California in Santa Barbara . . . keep watching; I'm very excited about it.

I will update with preliminary results in tomorrow's post on all fronts.

No comments: