November 27, 2007

Etc., etc.

No big news today, but here goes, anyway:

We saw my surgeon yesterday to check on the incision from the last biopsy; it has not healed completely so Anne has had to dress and change the site twice daily; he was pleased with the healing so she won't need to do that anymore. We talked about the scan at the end of the week in terms of getting some clue as to the status of the cyst and relieving the pressure in the tumor bed, which we think is the cause of the left side weakness. He again stated that we do have the option of draining it with a needle, or even inserting another kind of "Drain," which would remain in my head and continue allowing the cyst to drain, if necessary, but there is no guarantee it won't come back, so there needs to be a plan from the doctors; I'm hoping that will happen over the next week.

Today I'm thankful for long-handled shoe horns! My morning was made so much easier because of a shoe horn that Anne finally picked up for me yesterday. It is still very difficult to do fine motor skill activities on the left side, so even simple activities like putting on my slippers can turn into a frustrating challenge that can end up wearing me out before I even get out of bed.

I plan to call the massage therapist who works with my chiropractor as well as either the accupuncturist there or one that I've used in the past to do some complimentary therapy for my left side. I've had very good results with both in the past for other ailments; I think I deserve a massage or two, anyway! Don't know why I've waited so long to do both - ? As with the shoe horn, I hope one or both will help me fit into my day a little easier.