December 10, 2007

Each day holds promise.

I'm expecting big changes to occur this week. I received a voicemail from my contact, Ken, at UCSF, which tells me that they have received the films of the last MRI and those films will be read today or tomorrow at the latest. I'm assuming and will push for a course recommendation ASAP so that we can pursue one of the three options without further delay, IT'S GO TIME. If I can nail down an opinion from Dr. Butowski on the phone and have him communicate with Dr. Jones, my local surgeon, we may be able to do a procedure this week . . . yes, I'm impatient and I want to get out of the rut I'm in both physically and mentally.

I had a couple of similar conversations with couple of close friends at the community events over the weekend in which we talked about how I'm dealing with getting up each day knowing that I'll be struggling with the same physical frustration of the day before? I tell them, and this is how I honestly feel, that each day when I'm pouring my coffee (one of my favorite times of the day) I tell myself that this day I will make a measureable improvement in either my attitude by learning how better to deal with things, my physical progress or some other facet of dealing with my challenge. I'm reminded of one of my favorite quotes:

"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great,
and no tonic so powerful as the expectation of something tomorrow."

Stay tuned and keep the faith!

No comments: