December 20, 2007

Practicing medicine

I can't be sure, but I think I'm feeling stronger today; I seem to be moving with more strength and fluidity and I think turning down the steroids has helped with the joint swelling. It may just be wishful thinking, but so what if so . . . I'm feeling it.  

Yesterday was great.  Caitlyn had a happy birthday with girlfriends over last night for TV, cake and junk food - the way it should be.  I was banned to the back bedroom (not really) to watch TV all night by myself and did feel a little left out, but that's what's going on right now and it's not going to last; so I'll deal with it until it passes, which it will, and move forward.  

The eye doctor saw some improvement yesterday during our appointment.  That is the most frustrating part of this whole mess right now, I think, because it skews my depth perception, my ability to read, etc.  Hopefully the decrease in steroids will improve it, which is what he seems to believe will happen.  Once again, though, it's a delicate balancing act. Decrease/increase one medication to improve a symptom and negatively impact another; it sometimes comes down to the lesser of two evils and even then it doesn't always work.  

That must be why they call it "Practicing medicine."

No comments: