December 12, 2007

Holding pattern

As of today we are waiting for approval on the Avastin regimen from Blue Cross. Dr. Newman is not concerned though, as he has seldom had difficulty with it; it just takes 24 - 48 hours to come through. You have to play the game, I guess. I'm still hoping for the dose by the end of the week just to get going.

I'm moving around better, which is confusing, but I'll take it, ya know? I slept well last night again, still got up at 4:00am, but felt rested, which is the main thing. I'm not anxious, stressed or any of that, just impatient to start the new treatment. The more I read about the treatment the better I feel about our potential for a successful outcome.

Anne went to pick out our Christmas tree yesterday. That's the first time I hadn't done so and it was strange for me, but a good friend of ours, Peter, went and picked it up, brought it to the house and helped her get it settled in the front room. I'm feeling a little detached from Christmas this year because I'm not doing my usual jobs of decorating, moving boxes here and there and such. I'm going to try to string the lights on the tree today . . . hopefully without taking out the tree altogether, and then the girls will finish decorating it tonight.

I'll get into the spirit, not to worry. It may take a batch of Tollhouse cookies or Gingersnaps, however.

No comments: