December 14, 2007

Update

No approval yet from Blue Cross to my surprise. I'm still hopeful for it to come through this morning in time for the first infusion prior to the weekend.

I did ask my UCSF doc about the possibility of draining the cyst along with the chemo; which I had some confusion about. He explained that if we did any kind of surgery it would take an additional 4 weeks for the wound to heal prior being able to start the chemo and the hope is for the Avastin to also shrink the cyst, further relieving the physical symptoms, which would be great, as I'm starting to form a list of victims for the short, re-building endurance rides.

I can't wait to get back on the bike! It will be difficult to keep me off for a while . . . not a bad problem to have, I think.

I've heard from some old high school friends and their family's over the past few days with wishes of love, support and an offer of free accomodations in a Tuscan villa for us all for a week . . . sometimes it pays to play the fool on the school bus in the morning, after all!

I think old friends are like a well worn wool blanket; always there and the greatest comfort in coldest times when you really need them; what could be better?

No comments: