December 8, 2007

Just say hello

I see you there,
Out of the corner of your eye.
Yes, it's me talking to a friend;
Yes, I am swollen and a little slow,
And I don't what to say to you, either;
Why not say hello and let's see where that takes us?

Yes, my cancer has come back,
Just as you had heard,
And I am in treatment,
And that's why I look this way and walk with a cane.
Is that a reason to ignore me, making yourself an inadvertent victim in the process?
When you ask how I am it doesn't make me feel bad,
It lets me know you care.
I know it's tough to ask,
And it's not much easier to answer, believe me;
But I'm no stranger to you, so where's the risk?

In a month or two,
When I see you again
I will be recovered and back on my bike;
That's what I have chosen to do.
You can either play a part in that course,
Or stay the one you're on and become part of the disease;
I've made my choice.

In a month or two, when I see you again,
I'll have forgotten this brief moment;
Will you?

No comments: