December 6, 2007

Update

I love my wife, Anne, but Ativan is a close second today. It seems to be the most effective at getting me, and keeping me, sleeping at night; I actually got six hours of uninterrupted shut-eye last night! I’m still dealing with the effects of the steroid taper, so I’m dragging my left leg and arm a bit and feeling weaker than I should be, but this, too, shall pass . . . I hope soon.

I've also noticed improvement in my vision at different times of the day, which is consistent with the CSR condition, as well as the steroid taper and is encouraging at the very least. It will be so nice to be past this once I am, as it effects my balance and spatial orientation due to the depth perception issues that come with it. I just have to be patient, right? Yeah, shut up, okay?

On a different note, I'm trying to clean up my diet and cut back on empty calories. I actually tipped the scales at 203 the other day when I went to see my doc to talk about the MRI. I'm normally at 193. "Don't look at me, I'm hideous;" as Kramer said to Jerry. I haven't been this heavy in years! Fortunately I'm still stunningly handsome - see pic to the left.

Yeah, ha, ha, ha; so much for improving vision, right? Shut up, okay?

No comments: