December 1, 2007

Happy December 1!

It's a cool, windy day, perfect for the first day of December as far as I'm concerned. I've always been a Christmas-aholic and I like my Christmas season cold so this is a good start. I'm a little, no, a lot disappointed that I'm not able to string up the lights as is my usual custom on today's date; I just am not steady enough nor can I see well enough to do so. I'm assured by Anne, however, that the girls will not be permanently scarred by this and that it's more important to get into and share the spirit of the season, which I'm trying to, and will, do. Hopefully I will be able to help pick out the tree.

Some encouraging news in that it seems that my eyesight has improved a little and I'm feeling more strength in my legs in particular later in the day. Caitlyn noticed as well. I just have to keep up my therapy exercises at home (a little undisciplined currently) and get back on the indoor stationary trainer asap! Speaking of noticing improvements or changes, Kelsey has always been very encouraging and vocal as I make improvements and I really appreciate and crave that from her; and her delivery of same is priceless - you have to be there . . . here . . . whatever.

I figured out that surfing the net in the evening and catching up with Leroy Sievers' blog (see link on this page), www.fatcyclist.com, and The Paceline rather than nodding off early on the couch makes me go to bed later and more tired; I went to sleep at 10:00 and slept in til 3:00 this morning, which is practically a record! The only problem is that I'm always finding some obscure cycling jersey that I need to have from Ebay.

I hope your Christmas/Holiday season is full of everything you hope it will be full of!

1 comment:

kimn said...

I just put up my lights yesterday and i'm ready for more...so Tom...r u willing to have me and a couple other light junkies climbing around your roof stringing lights someday soon? take care!
Kim