December 18, 2007

I'm ready for success!

Today I'm feeling very hopeful.
The feeling actually began yesterday with the call from Lorie at Sansum Clinic informing me of the approval from the insurance company and scheduling the first chemo infusion and snowballed from there into the sense of total release, for lack of a better term, in anticipation of a better tomorrow.  As I said before, if you don't believe it's gonna work, don't bother.

Then last night, our "Third daughter," Rachel, came over to hang out and help us decorate the tree.  Anne had done a great job putting the tree lights up on the prior night, unbeknownst to me, until I walked out of my office and saw it in the evening.  There is something about a twinkling tree that just screams Christmas; always has and always will.  That was the first time she had done that in over 21 years that we've known each other and I was very impressed . . . and had the good sense to tell her.

I feel like I've had a change of attitude; returning to the glass half-full mentality.  Hope is powerful.

On a technical note; I'm going to see if I can blog the experience as it happens today.  Stay tuned!

No comments: